Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 357 cals
- Short dough: Cream butter and sugar, beat in salt then egg yolks, one at a time. Work flour in, wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- To make filling: Cream butter and beat in almond paste gradually. Add eggs, then beat until very smooth. Stir in lemon zest and flour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter the top and sides of an 8 inch springform pan.
- Roll chilled dough into a circle 11 or 12 inches in diameter. Press the pastry into the bottom and up the sides of the pan without stretching the dough. Trim any excess extending above top of pan. Pour filling into dough and spread evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in pan then remove sides of pan. Cool to room temperature and sprinkle with confectioners sugar before serving.
Per Serving: 357 calories; 26.8 g fat; 24.8 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 127 mg cholesterol; 79 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was a delicious dessert! I made it exactly as stated in the recipe except I used 2 tsp. of sugar in the shortdough crust and I did not include the lemon zest in the almond paste filling. ...
My Swedish grandmother-in-law made this recipe for St. Lucia and at Christmas, only she tinted the almond mixture green for some reason or another. This is definately a recipie you make 2 of. ...