Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 - 9x13 inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), grease and lightly flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat shortening for 30 seconds, add sugar, lemon and orange zest and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add pudding mix. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk and juices beating well after each addition.
- Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 45 or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- To make the topping: Mix vanilla pudding with milk and set aside. Beat cream cheese until smooth, add cool whip, then pudding and mix on lowest speed until well combined. Spread on top of cooled cake. arrange pineapples and cherries on top.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 12.9 35.9 3.9 50 293 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Was overall a good cake. Very moist and different than the standard chocolate or vanilla variations. I didn't have shortening or lemons so I subbed the same amount of butter, orange zest and pin...