Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Begin by mixing the eggs and heavy cream in a bowl with the salt & pepper.
- In a separate bowl place the sausage, jalapeno pepper, cheese, garlic and cumin.
- Now place a third of the amount of egg mixture in the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish. Next, place a slice of bread into the dish. Place 1/3 of the amount of sausage mixture from step 2 onto the slice of bread.
- Repeat steps 3 to 4 until last slice of bread is on top. Add the remaining 1/3 of sausage ingredients evenly across the top slice of bread. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Time Saving Tip: One package of 9.6 oz fully cooked Jimmy Dean® Hearty Sausage Crumbles may be substituted for one 16 oz. roll of fresh breakfast sausage in most dishes.
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
It tasted okay but it was very dry. I've had breakfast casserole in the past and it was much better than this. I think maybe something has been left out or the steps are wrong. Avoid this one.