Special Frosted Applesauce Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 565 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 - 8 inch square pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy, add eggs and beat well. Fold in applesauce and flour mixture. Mix well. Fold in raisins.
- Pour batter into a parchment-lined 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before frosting.
- Frosting Instructions: In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, white sugar, corn sugar and whipping cream. Cook, covered, over low heat 2 to 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover and cook to soft ball stage (240 degrees F/ 115 degrees C).
- Cool to lukewarm, then beat to a spreading consistency and spread over cake.
Per Serving: 565 calories; 14.6 g fat; 108.8 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; 49 mg cholesterol; 173 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was very good!!! I brought it too my daughters class and they loved it!!