- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, 1 cup of water, oil and eggs. Beat for 2 minutes on high speed. Pour batter into greased and floured pans.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pans. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, combine sugar, 2 tablespoons of water and egg whites. Cook over low heat, beating continuously with electric hand mixer at high speed, until soft peaks form. Remove from heat. Add marshmallow creme and beat until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble cake, split each layer in half horizontally to form 4 layers. Place 1 layer on serving plate. Spread with 1/3 cup of the preserves. Top with second cake layer and spread with 1/3 cup preserves, do third layer the same way. Top with fourth layer (DO NOT spread preserves on top of fourth layer).
- Frost sides and top with frosting. Swirl small dollops of preserves in frosting. Store in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 424 calories; 11 77.4 4.8 62 448 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I've made this cake at least four times now and it's been a huge hit every time. The cake is light and the fruit adds just the right touch inside. The icing is a bit rich, but delicious just t...
Extremly moist succulent cake. The cake cut itself no joke. I made one for Thanksgiving and am going to make more.
This cake tasted good, but it did not present well. Maybe I did something wrong, but the top layer slid off the bottom before we ever got to eat it.
I decided to make cupcakes instead of the cake considering the "construction" issues noted in previous reviews. My frosting was very runny after it sat for several hours (not on the cakes). I wo...