- Bring cream, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon zest to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, soften gelatin in 2 generous Tbs. cold water. Whisk softened gelatin and 2 Tbs. orange liqueur into cream mixture.
- Pour cream mixture into 8 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups that have been lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray (blot excess oil with a paper towel). Set custard cups in a shallow pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Partially thaw raspberries on countertop. Place in a food processor fitted with the metal blade and add remaining 6 Tbs. sugar and 2 Tbs. orange liqueur. Transfer sauce to a medium bowl (if you want a seedless sauce, strain first through a fine-mesh sieve). Stir in fresh raspberries, and let stand about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, run a thin-bladed knife around each dessert to loosen; turn onto a dessert plate to unmold. Spoon raspberry sauce around panna cotta and serve.
- Copyright 2005 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 474 calories; 33.2 41 3.1 122 37 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Delicious! but I'll add a little more lemon next time.
I was looking forward to trying this, and must admit that I am bewildered by all the great reviews. Despite the bit of lemon rind, and the Grand Marnier, it was quite tasteless. After all, it ba...
I loved this recipe and it was a hit with all my in-laws as well. I've now make it twice - the first time I used too much gelatin and it was a bit "tough". The second time it turned out much c...
Soooooo good. It's very simple to do so I probably make it far too much! The only thing I do dfferently is substitute orange juice for the liqueur.
made EXACTLY as written. this was extraordinary. simple, easy to make. lovely flavor (although could have stood a touch more lemon flavor). The sauce was delightful. Served this for dessert afte...
I'm not sure why, but I always believed that Panna Cotta was difficult, time consuming or complicated. I could not have been more wrong! This was so easy, fast and fun to make and the outcome i...
Fantastic for those who like orange liqueurs. This is my absolute favorite panna cotta recipe and there are many out there. Thanks for putting on this site.
Great recipe, very fresh tasting even without the carton of fresh raspberries. I added a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract with the geletin, just for a little more depth of flavor.
This was good. I followed the recipe 100%. It would probably be just as yummy with strawberry sauce or other homemade sauces. I made 6 servings from this recipe, but I felt that the sauce was en...