- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Pour boiling water over oats. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter, sugar, 1 cup brown sugar and eggs until fluffy. Add flour mixture and mix in. Add softened oats. Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove cake from oven. Set oven temperature to broil.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar.
- Heat until melted, then add coconut and chopped nuts. Spread on warm cake.
- Place cake under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 12.6 36.6 2.8 37 275 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 56
In my continuing search for an oatmeal cake "better than grandma made" I found this one. Rather than messing with broiling the topping, just combine the topping ingredients and spoon it randomly...
i accidently overbaked these because i left my oven at 400 but knew i had to get them out as soon as i smelled the flavor. i made exactly 22 cupcakes with these (pour water over the 2 empty slo...
I've tried dozens of oatmeal cake and bar recipes, trying to duplicate the one I loved as a kid. I'm done, this is it! I have printed a copy of the recipe to keep in my purse because so many p...
This was one of the greatest cakes I've ever tasted. I made it for a party a.d everyone went nuts over this. You couldn't possibly be disappointed. And I didn't make any changes. (drives me NUTS...
I used regular milk instead of evaporated but otherwise made the recipe as written. I was a bit worried that the batter was too thick to 'pour' into the pan but it was better once the softened ...
Excellent!!! Great with coffee and vanilla ice cream. The topping is soooooooo good. Impressed the in-laws with this. Everyone liked this cake.
My whole family liked this cake. The flavor reminds me of fall. The Brulee topping added the perfect sweet, nutty crunch. I always follow the recipe AS WRITTEN the first time I make it so I ca...
Don't change a thing!! Being from the south, I had never even heard of this cake before! A friend from the midwest requested it, and it was a huge hit!! Definitely suggest sticking with the broi...