Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 574 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch springform)
- To rice potatoes: place potatoes in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain potatoes, and cool slightly. Hold the ricer over a bowl and force the potatoes through the sieve until completely processed. You will need 1 cup riced potatoes for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cloves and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add yolks, one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add 1 cup riced/mashed potatoes, heavy cream, ground almonds, grated chocolate, and lemon zest and mix well.
- Blend in flour mixture and mix until combined. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites until no streaks remain.
- Pour batter into a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours. Let cool, then frost with chocolate frosting.
- Cook's Note:
- Check with a cookware store if you have never seen a potato ricer.
Per Serving: 574 calories; 31 g fat; 68.6 g carbohydrates; 9.6 g protein; 123 mg cholesterol; 218 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1