Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 173 cals
- In a small bowl, combine dates with boiling water. Set aside to cool.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Add flour mixture alternating with cooled date mixture. Fold in chopped nuts and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean.
Per Serving: 173 calories; 8.1 g fat; 24.8 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 111 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Yummy!!! I added extra cocoa because I wanted a stronger chocolate flavor but I think it would have been good without it too.
This cake is yummy. Watch carefully after 40 minutes so it doesn't burn. The kids don't care for it, but that's OK, that much more for me!
Be careful not to overbake as it will come out a bit dry. I overfilled my tin and it took quite a while to bake and the edges came out dry which made it hard to slice nicely. My husband loves ...
This is a great recipe, but I have made some changes. I use brown sugar in stead of white. I add almond extract, and almonds in place if the walnuts. For special occasions, I serve with a carame...
I love this cake!! I did make most of the changes suggested by others. I cut the cocoa down to 2 tsps, used brown sugar and added vanilla. I think next time though I will add more nuts to it. No...
This is an old recipe and the first recipe I ever wrote down. I think I was 15. This cake is made for a smaller cake pan. I always have used a 9x9 to keep this from drying out. I always pour...
Wonderful recipe!! I bake this cake to give away for Christmas!
1 9x13 pan was too big! Cake did not cook evenly. Good textue, but def need more chocolate!