Carrot Cake with Butter Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and 1/2 cup margarine. Add eggs and mix in. Add shredded carrots, raisins and orange juice.
- Stir in flour mixture, and beat until well combined. Pour into ungreased 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Butter sauce: In a saucepan over low heat, combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla. Cook and stir. When mixture comes to a boil, continue to boil for 1 minute. Serve warm over carrot cake squares (can be reheated in microwave).
Per Serving: 349 calories; 19.7 40.4 3.7 86 389 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Disappointed with the final result. Cake bland, not sweet enough. Definately needed the sauce but it tasted like sweet butter water. Will not make again.
Very GOOD!!! I heated the butter sauce each time before I served it, I ended up making about 10 of these in a month, everybody likes them.
It was less like a carrot cake than a very good spice cake. I will make the cake again but may choose to use a more traditional cream cheese frosting. I was skeptical about the instructions reg...