Layered Zucchini Pie
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 447
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 10 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the Italian sausage; cook and stir until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain well and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil the skillet over medium heat. Stir in zucchini and garlic; cook until zucchini is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir basil into the skillet; cover and simmer until zucchini is soft, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool slightly; place in a square of cheesecloth or a colander and squeeze dry.
- Use one can of crescent dough to form a crust in the springform pan, pressing dough up sides. Layer 1/2 cup mozzarella , the cooked zucchini, the cooked sausage, and the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella in the crust. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; dot with the pesto. Beat the eggs, cream, and paprika in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients in crust. Place remaining crescent dough, in one piece, on top of pan to form a top crust. Trim; poke hole in the middle to vent.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil; bake an additional 15 minutes. Turn off oven; allow pie to rest in warm oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm, or refrigerate for at least 3 hours to serve chilled.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 29.5 27.5 16.6 100 883 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is wonderful recipe and I will definitely make it again. It reminded me of somewhat of a stuffed bread. It set up very nicely and was easy to serve. What a great way to use up the zuchinni ...
Great recipe! Few changes - I made the pie crust using a food processor recipe from this site. I also used about 2 tsp of dried basil and omitted the pesto. I also used about 6 eggs and used who...