Ingredients1 h 38 m servings 194
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until each is blended in. Stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, mixing just until blended. If the dough is really sticky, you may need more flour. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into squares and rectangles using a pizza cutter or knife. Place cookies about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges begin to brown lightly.
- While the cookies are baking, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until soft and creamy. Stir in the whipped topping until well blended.
- Spread a thin layer of the frosting onto each cookie. Make heart cards by placing strawberry slices onto the rectangular cookies, and dice by placing blueberries onto the square cookies. Refrigerate until serving, or serve immediately after frosting. They are best when served cold.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 8.3 28 2.5 31 140 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is great but I wanted to share two shortcuts that I use. One is that I sometimes use sugar cookie dough and other times I just use chessmen cookies. These are wonderful no matter what the b...
I also used store bought sugar cookie dough which made the process that much quicker. Tasted great! Very good frosting recipe - simple and delicious.
Very good! I used premade sugar cookies and topped with fresh blueberries and strawberries. I also waited to frost them until about two hours before serving. I was worried the cookie would get s...