Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 114
- Whisk together the eggs, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, water, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a bowl, and let stand for 25 minutes.
- Mix the pork, water chestnuts, green onions, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and toasted sesame oil in a bowl, kneading the mixture till well-combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let rest in refrigerator until needed.
- To make wrappers, spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Slowly pour about 1 tablespoon of the egg mixture into the skillet, and tilt the skillet to spread the batter, forming a flat circle about 3 inches in diameter. Let the egg wrapper cook until firm on the bottom but still moist on top, about 1 minute. Stack the finished egg wrappers on a wax-paper-lined plate as you finish them, and let cool.
- Stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, sherry, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and black pepper in a saucepan, and heat to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the pork filling into the center of each wrapper, fold the wrapper over to make a half-moon shape, and gently press the wrapper together to seal. Drop the filled dumplings into the seasoned chicken broth and simmer them until the filling is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with broth.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 7.5 3.6 7.5 136 720 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I cheated and used store bought wrappers. The broth needed a little spicing up for us so I added a little chili garlic paste and a about 1 tsp white pepper with more chicken stock. When foldin...
The filling is really great, but I used store-bought wrappers. Also, the cooking method here didn't really work. They just stuck to the pan. I cooked them by cooking them in oil for a few minute...
this recipe was way off! the wrappers wont stick together and they taste bad!!!
the recipe is good and this is one of my all time favorite dishes. The only thing I do differently is that I fill the egg pancake/shell with the stuffing while it is hot on the pan. then I do th...