Ingredientsservings 344 cals
- Line a 4 quart round mixing bowl with parchment paper.
- Break cake up into small bite-sized pieces.
- Drain the crushed pineapple, reserve the syrup. You should have 1 cup of syrup if not add enough water to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the 4 tablespoons of cold water. Add the boiling water, pineapple syrup, sugar and lemon juice. Mix well and place in the refrigerator until mixture just starts to thicken.
- Add the crushed pineapple to the gelatin mix and then fold in 4 cups of the whipped topping.
- Place a layer of cake pieces, then a layer of the pineapple mixture in the prepared bowl. Continue until all the cake and pineapple mixture is used up. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Turn the chilled cake out onto a serving platter and frost it with the remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with the coconut.
Per Serving: 344 calories; 12.2 g fat; 57.3 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 249 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
this was great! looked very impressive, i omitted the unflavored gelatin,lemon juice and the cup of sugar. used i package of sugar free lemon jello,1 3/4 cups of boiling liquid (water and draine...
This cake is gorgeous, delicious and fun.. I made it for my bosses birthday - who is on weight watchers. It was a huge hit. It tasted great a couple of days later too!! Thanks for the recipe!
This is a very old recipe that my grandmother used to make around the holidays. The original recipe called a 9 x 13 pan. And the recipe called for "dream whip" which is what we had before cool ...
This is a delightfuly easy and scrumpious cake! I made it for a wedding shower and garnished it with fresh pansies from my garden. It was beautiful and tasted out of this world!
I made this cake last night for my mother's 75th birthday today. Not only was it the easiest cake I've ever "made", it was beautiful and delicious. This cake was so well liked by all, that it ...
This was a really great dessert. The second time I made it using a vanilla custard layer in addition to the other layers.
I made this for my January Bunco group and they absolutely loved it. It was a little difficult to make, but the presentation was great. I put it on my pedestal cake plate and it looked like a gr...