Amalgamation Cake I
Ingredientsservings 1286 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour 3 8-inch cake pans.
- Mix flour, soda, cloves, and cinnamon; add 1 cup raisins, 1 cup nuts, and 1 cup coconut and mix well. Set aside.
- Cream 2 cups sugar and 1 1/2 cups butter. Stir in jam. Add buttermilk alternately with flour mixture, mixing with a spoon, until all is used up, ending with flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until they hold a peak. Fold into other mixture. Pour into prepared cake pans.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool and frost.
- To make frosting: mix 4 egg yolks until they are broken up and smooth, add 1/2 cup evaporated milk and mix together until the eggs yolks are mixed well with milk. Add rest of evaporated milk, 2 cups sugar, and 1/2 cup butter. Cook until thick and remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups nuts, 2 cups raisins, and 2 cups coconut. Cool slightly while beating mixture with a spoon. Spread on cooled cake.
Per Serving: 1286 calories; 59.6 g fat; 181.9 g carbohydrates; 15.9 g protein; 160 mg cholesterol; 474 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
AMALGAMATION is right! Took an AMALGAMATION of ingredients! :-) I tried this the other day and it was WELL worth it! Will have to make another, because I am going to take it to the Church di...
I took this to my favorite charity's first ever CAKE AUCTION.People were bidding like crazy. The cake finally went for $51.25. I guess that says something about this fabulously unique and tasty ...
Really good fruity cake. More work than I usually like to put in (I'm seriously into one-pot cookery!). Icing too sweet for me but made it look really impressive. Well liked by everyone who tast...
I make this cake for Christmas every few years - it brings back memories of my grandmother who made a cake like this for Christmas, except it also had chopped dates in it. She mixed 1 cup each o...