- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 10-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl sift together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, soda, and cocoa.
- In another bowl mix the brown sugar, oil, 1 cup water, maple syrup, applesauce, vinegar, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Non-Dairy German Chocolate Frosting. To make frosting: scald soy milk, barley malt syrup, and brown rice syrup.
- Mix egg substitute and 1/4 cup water until foamy. Add to milk and syrup mixture and cook until thickened.
- Blend tofu in food processor until smooth and add to thickened syrup mixture with coconut, pecans, and arrowroot. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Cool.
Per Serving: 884 calories; 38.3 124.5 15.1 < 1 297 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I loved the cake! I'm allergic to milk, and I can't have any dairy products at all. I loved the cake though!
i made the cake without the frosting following the steps, and did not like it....it had a sandy like texture (i guess because of the wheat flour). however i tried again, and used all purpose fl...