Restaurant-Style Sweet Potato Casserole
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 269
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Rub the skin of each sweet potato with vegetable oil; place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour; remove and cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- When sweet potatoes are cool enough to handle, scrape flesh into a large bowl; discard skins. Beat sweet potatoes with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Measure 6 cups of mashed sweet potato into a large bowl; beat in 3/4 cup brown sugar, cream, 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. Pour sweet potato mixture into an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Place the rolled oats into the bowl of a food processor or blender, and pulse until oats are finely ground. Place oats, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, flour, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon into a bowl. Cut 2 tablespoons cold butter into the oat mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potatoes are heated through and oatmeal streusel is lightly browned, 70 to 80 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle immediately with marshmallows, and let stand until marshmallows are melted, about 10 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- Sweet potatoes vary widely in size. To yield 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes, you will need about 2 1/2 pounds of raw sweet potatoes, or about 5 to 6 medium sweet potatoes.
Per Serving: 269 calories; 10.1 42.7 2.5 29 340 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Delicious! To make this a bit healthier, I opted to used light butter and fat free half and half in place of the heavy cream. The whole family enjoyed this easy side dish. I will be making this ...
I'm so excited to finally try this dish myself. I've had it made for me for many years and was yearning for it lately. Thanks for the recipe!