- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine the creamed corn with the white sugar and 1/2 cup of the dark brown sugar. Stir in the eggs and the oil.
- Combine the baking powder, flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. Add the nuts and raisins.
- Add the flour mixture to the corn mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cake cool completely then frost.
- To Make Frosting: Bring the butter and 1/2 cup dark brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the heavy cream and the confectioners' sugar. Mix until of frosting consistency. Add more confectioners' sugar if necessary. Use to frost cooled cake.
Per Serving: 306 calories; 14.4 43.4 2.8 32 273 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Awesome. I didnt use any of the spices...just the base recipe. It was wonderful, moist, delish.
A very odd cake, but tasty enough. This one gets 4 stars from me because I just didn't care for the bits of corn that got stuck in my teeth. I did substitute butter for the oil and skipped the...