Japanese Fruit Cake I
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 953 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- Cream together butter, 2 cups sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture alternately with milk into egg mixture. Divide batter into 3 parts. Fill two pans with plain batter. Add spices, raisins, and nuts into remaining batter, and pour batter into third pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until done. Cool layers on wire racks.
- Mix together orange juice and rind, 2 cups coconut, 2 cups sugar, boiling water, and cornstarch in a 2 quart pan. Bring to a boil, and cook until mixture falls in lumps from a spoon. Put layers together with filling, placing spiced layer in the center. Ice cake with Seven Minute Frosting, and cover with remaining coconut.
Per Serving: 953 calories; 40.8 g fat; 143.5 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 104 mg cholesterol; 379 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Interesting concept, but didn't work well at high altitude. It probably took nearly an hour to get the filling to thicken - and then only after I added another teaspoon of cornstarch. By the t...