Ingredients30 d 2 h 30 m servings 401
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Place parchment paper on bottom and sides of pan, and grease the parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.
- Mix together flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Add the dates, drained cherries, pineapple, and pecans to flour. Stir to coat well. Add eggs to fruit mixture; stir well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, making sure to press the mixture very firmly into the pan to eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until cake tests done. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan, peel off the parchment paper, and set it aside.
- Brush corn syrup all over the top and sides of cake, then brush it with peach brandy. Rewrap the cake in the used parchment paper, and then in aluminum foil for storage. Brush the cake with 2 tablespoons of peach brandy each week.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 401 calories; 17.7 59.7 5 46 82 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I have made this recipe every year now when it starts to get cooler. I always get requests to bring it to the holiday get togethers. I do make a few changes though. I use raisins, dates, cand...
This fruitcake is the perfect size- not too big, not too small, and it is super easy to make. I also use candied cherries instead of maraschinos.