- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 inch, round, cake pans.
- Cream butter or margarine in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating mixture well after each addition.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well. Mix flour into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Mix well after addition. Stir in crumbled mincemeat. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans, and cool completely. Fill and frost the cake with Caramel Cream Frosting.
- Fill and frost the cake with Caramel Cream Frosting.
Per Serving: 301 calories; 9.1 51.2 4 52 305 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Yummy! Good holiday cake. I made it as is, and also as a bundt cake with a jigger of brandy added and glazed it with melted hard sauce.
This was a lovely,easy cake to make. I used my homemade green tomato mincemeat instead of the commercial mincemeat. Instead of a 2 layer cake I baked in a bundt pan and drizzled the frosting ove...
I am always looking for mincemeat recipes. I love the boxed mincemeat because there is no HFCS. This is a great recipe. Add this ti my holiday rotation of sweets. I made an applesauce glaze ...
Excellent cake and not just for the holidays. I used my own mincemeat and followed the recipe, which I baked in a bundt pan. I made my own caramel icing but made it as a glaze. The cake is bea...