Ingredientsservings 314 cals
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk, stirring well.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, beating mixture well. Mix flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blackberry jam. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool complete.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, butter or margarine, and vanilla. Beat until mixture is smooth. Spoon over cooled cake
Per Serving: 314 calories; 6 g fat; 63 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 48 mg cholesterol; 301 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 12
This is one of the best cakes I have ever had. It came out perfectly!
Not to my liking, but 15 yr old son loved it.
This cake is moist and very tender. Everyone who tasted it loved it. It is purple, but considering the jam that was not unexpected. I used it for my son's second birthday, and it suited the pala...
I didn't think it was anything special, but my hubby and child and guests liked it a lot, so I conclude it's a good idea to keep it in my box.
Something just didn't work in the recipe, I suspect it was the allspice. Usually, my cakes disappear at parties and this one had plenty left over. Doubt that I will try it again.
Tried it with apricot preserves. Also very good!! Yum!! This time, it'sWith this and the blueberry version, I used the whole eggs and omitted the cocoa powder. Again, the picture is during the c...