Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 586 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 - 2 layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch, round cake pans, and line with parchment paper.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, salt, and spices.
- Dissolve soda in buttermilk: stir well.
- Cream butter or margarine. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Dredge dates and pecans in remaining 1/2 cup flour, and fold into batter. Carefully fold grape jam into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans, and cool completely.
- Spread hot Kentucky Fruit Filling between the layers and on top of the cake.
- Get the recipe for Kentucky Fruit Filling.
Per Serving: 586 calories; 24.5 g fat; 87.5 g carbohydrates; 7.8 g protein; 119 mg cholesterol; 314 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This cake is good. I like the flavor and the texture. I didn't love the orange in the recommended fruit filling so next time I try this recipe, it will be with a different topping: either I will...