Ingredientsservings 621 cals
- Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch round pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix flour with soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add nuts and raisins to dry ingredients if using.
- In a separate bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating continuously. Add jam. Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Cool, and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- To make Cream Cheese Frosting: mix together until creamy 1/4 cup butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 621 calories; 25 g fat; 96.5 g carbohydrates; 6.5 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 272 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Ths cake was wonderful!! It reminded me of the one my grandmother used to make-Delicious!
I only used the icing recipe, I have a recipe for my grandma's jam cake. But the icing was really good.
This smelled great while it was baking and it is good but you should use parchment in the pans. It really stuck badly. The base of each layer is rather tough and chewy. Maybe it will soften up a...