Tasty Taiwan-Ease Beef Salad
made it | 0 reviews |
Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Be
"Fresh ginger, shredded carrots, and roasted peanuts give an Asian flair to this salad of mixed greens and slices of beef sirloin steak. A winner in the 1997 National Beef Cook-Off, this recipe created by Jeanette Atwood can be prepared in 30 minutes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- In small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; whisk until blended.
- Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. In medium bowl, combine beef and 2 tablespoons dressing mixture; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in large bowl, combine mixed greens, carrots and peanuts; toss. Arrange on platter.
- In wok or large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons dressing mixture over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, 1/2 at a time, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Arrange beef on salad; drizzle remaining dressing mixture over salad.
- Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of recipe)
- 451 calories; 32 g protein; 30 g fat; 14 g carbohydrate; 4.0 mg iron; 849 mg sodium; 76 mg cholesterol. (Complete nutrient analysis available upon request.)
- ©Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association