Honey Vanilla Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
Ingredients1 d 2 h 55 m servings 279
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a food processor or blender, crush the gingersnaps with the 2 tablespoons sugar. Add the egg white and process long enough to moisten the mixture. Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of an 8- or 9-inch springform pan to form a thin layer.
- If the crumbs are too sticky, use a sheet of waxed paper between the crust and your fingers to press the crumbs into place. Bake until the crust is brown and firm to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven. If the crust slides down the side of the pan, use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to press it in place.
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Fill an oven-proof dish with about 1 inch of warm water and place it at the back of the oven to provide steam for the cheesecake while it bakes.
- Clean the food processor or blender. Add the cream cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and cornstarch. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Add the honey, vanilla and blend again. Add the egg substitute, blending until the mixture is smooth and even colored. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake 20 minutes on the lower rack of the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) and bake 60 minutes longer or until the sides are set and the center is fluid but not sloshing.
- Turn off the oven and allow the cake to cool 1 hour in the oven. Remove and cool to room temperature. Chill covered overnight before slicing. The cake will continue to set in the refrigerator so don't worry if the center doesn't appear to be firm when you remove it from the oven.
- If desired, serve the cheesecake with a sauce made from thawed frozen strawberries or raspberries. Place the berries in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Add sugar (or sugar substitute) to taste, if desired.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 7.6 41.8 11.8 15 311 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Okay for low fat and easy to make. The batter is very thin so you want to either make sure the crust is pressed up the sides of the pan at least 2" or place foil around pan to catch any leaks. ...
We did not care for the flavor of this cheesecake...it was very caramel flavored. Which if you wanted caramel flavored, it would be very good!!!! We made a plain crust instead of gingerbread. ...