Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 3 h 45 m servings 480
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch cheesecake)
- For crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, ground walnuts, cinnamon, and melted butter. Press onto bottom and part way up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Chill crust while preparing filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat cottage cheese in small mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until almost smooth, about 5 minutes; set aside. Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. On medium speed, beat in Swiss cheese and cottage cheese until well-blended, about 3 minutes. Mix in 1 cup sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually blend in flour.
- Wash egg beaters well, so no trace of batter remains. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until medium-stiff peaks form. Lift the beater straight up: the tip of the peak formed by the egg whites should curl over slightly. Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the cheesecake batter to lighten; fold in remaining egg whites. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until center is set and doesn't jiggle when pan is shaken gently, 60 to 65 minutes.
- Turn oven heat off. Open oven door and let cheesecake cool in oven. It is normal for the cake to sink slightly in center. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Place cake on serving plate; carefully remove sides of pan.
- For glaze, place pear slices in a decorative pattern on top of cheesecake. Heat currant jelly in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Spoon small amount over pear slices until all slices are coated; reserve remaining jelly. Refrigerate glazed cake at least one hour. To serve, reheat jelly and spoon a small amount over each slice of cheesecake.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- You may substitute apple jelly for currant jelly, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 480 calories; 23.5 53.9 15.4 141 417 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this cheesecake for Easter for my inlaws. They enjoyed it! I really like how this cheesecake is different from others, and that it is nice and light! This cake may not be for everyone (in...