Chocolate Angel Torte
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sift flour, cocoa, and 1/4 cup of the white sugar together.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar beating until stiff and shiny, add vanilla. Sift dry mixture over beaten egg whites gradually and gently fold in. Spoon batter into one 9x5 inch ungreased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes or until done. Invert pan and cool completely. Remove cake and cut it into 3 layers. Spread almond filling between the layers and dust top with sifted confectioners' sugar. Makes about 10 servings.
- To Make Almond Filling: Combine the remaining 1/4 cup white sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan. Mix the beaten eggs and milk together and stir them into the sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbling. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the almond liqueur and stir well. Cover the surface of the fill in with plastic wrap and chill completely before using.
Per Serving: 128 calories; 1.5 24 4.1 33 145 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I've made this nice light torte a few times now and it turns out perfectly every time. It has a beautiful almond flavor (although I used almond extract rather than Amaretto) and looks impressiv...
Beautiful presentation great flavor! I often use almond (or even vanilla) extract in place of the amaretto. An excellent recipe and lowfat, too!
It is not quite what I expected, but the presentation is good though.