Ingredientsservings 379 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 inch tube pan.
- Separate the eggs. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until thoroughly creamed. Beat in the egg yolks, then the jam, vanilla extract, and dark rum.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, then stir in the nuts. Stir about 1/3 of the beaten egg whites into the batter to lighten it and then fold in the rest gently but thoroughly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 65 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Transfer to a rack to cool. Makes about 12 servings.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 21.4 g fat; 41.6 g carbohydrates; 4.8 g protein; 115 mg cholesterol; 159 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is very good.I read the reviews then made the following changes. I doubled everything, used 2 cups of cake flour, 6 Tbs milk 2 extra large eggs, and 2 cups sour cream (I too was concerned a...
This was very good. I left the nuts whole but did everything else the same. Cooked for one hour and it was perfect. Moist and not too sweet. I think it would be good with a raspberry glaze.
Excellent, even better the following day. Moist, rich flavour. Worth the effort of grinding the nuts.
Not sure I would call this a "Show of cake" its pretty much a simple bundt. I did make a few changes, added 1/2 cup of sour cream to the bater. I used almond extract in place of the vanilla (a...