- Heat a non-stick skillet, add pine nuts and stir until toasty, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, place all salad ingredients (reserve half of the cilantro and half of the pine nuts for garnish).
- In a separate bowl, stir dressing ingredients together.
- In a bowl, combine cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cut salmon in 8 strips and coat with spices. Grill (or sear in a non-stick skillet brushed with canola oil) until crusty.
- Toss salad and dressing; divide on plates. Top with salmon and reserved cilantro and pine nuts.
- Copyright 2004 Jean Carper. Printed first in USA WEEKEND. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 639 calories; 39.7 37.3 37.1 84 1139 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 37
LOVE this salad, I have made it about a half dozen times now, and I just can't get enough. I add about 3-4 oranges, add a cayanne kick in the salmon coating, and cut down on the oil a little (...
I was surprised how well the cumin-crusted salmon went with this salad since cumin and balsamic don't seem like the idea mix in my head. But it provided a really good kick that tasted great. :-)...
What an amazing dish! The salmon had a wonderful earthy taste and the salad was light and full of different flavors. I don't want to change anything!
This salad is to die for and has become my favorite salad of all time! All of the ingredients go so well together it's all I can do not to lick the plate. I make two changes to this salad when...
Loved it. This was a light and delicious summer salad. I adjusted the dressing because I had no orange concentrate and wanted to cut down on oil. I used 4 T. of fresh orange juice, about 1 T....
This dish is so exciting! I love the combination of salmon, spices, oranges, beans, cheese, and nuts. It's absolutely delicious. I did not have pine nuts on hand so I substituted roasted almonds...
I have tried this recipe with swordfish, halibut and scrod. The summer salad with cumin-crusted salmon recipe works for other types of fish. Nancee J. Swartz