Sweet Potato Chimichangas
Ingredients1 h servings 228 cals
- Place the sweet potatoes in a saucepan, and stir in 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until most of the juice has evaporated. Stir in the marshmallows just until partly melted. Remove from heat, and set aside to cool.
- Once the sweet potato mixture is cool, stir in the confectioners' sugar and flour. Add more sugar to taste if desired.
- Cut each tortilla in half, and spread a thin layer of butter on each side. Place 1 tablespoon of the sweet potato filling onto the center of each one running parallel to the cut edge, then fold in the sides, and roll up from the straight edge to seal in the filling.
- Heat about 1 inch oil in a large heavy skillet to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry chimichangas until light golden brown, turning as needed. Remove to paper towels to drain. The tortillas will darken a little after they are removed. Mix together the remaining cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over the chimichangas while warm.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 7.1 g fat; 36.8 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 269 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I made these when I went to visit my brother's family for Easter. I made rolled them 2 days before we left and deep fried them for about 2 minutes just before serving them. They were awesome! ...
Used eggroll wrappers and these were phenomenal! Guess they'd be eggrolls then, but still, excellent.
these were great appetizers! they didn't las too long either. i am definately going to try again this year.
Very tasty! Like pumpkin pie and churros had a baby--that's how my husband described it anyway. I used fresh sweet potatoes and boiled until soft and pureed it with the cinnamon since I didn't h...
Deelishness! We healthified it by cutting marshmallow quantity, and using maple syrup instead of powdered sugar. So, really it was just microwaved potatoes, a few marshmallows, maple syrup, cinn...