Ingredientsservings 72 cals
- Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar, orange zest, vanilla and salt. Slowly add flour, until well combined. Gather the dough into a ball and divide it into 4 equal portions. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Remove one portion of dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit 10 minutes at room temperature. Melt jam in a small saucepan over medium heat; let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into an 8 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread 1/4 cup of the melted jam over the dough. Top with 2 1/2 teaspoons of the sugar mixture, 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup currants or raisins.
- Cut the dough rectangle in half. Roll one half in jellyroll fashion and then slice into 10 pieces. Place each piece onto a prepared baking sheet, and brush with beaten egg mixture. Repeat with other dough half.
- Bake cookies for 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Repeat process with remaining dough and filling.
Per Serving: 72 calories; 4.5 g fat; 7.5 g carbohydrates; 0.9 g protein; 12 mg cholesterol; 25 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These cookies have a great flavor! I don't recommend rolling out one dough ball and cutting it in half.. trying to roll it up was a pain since the dough seemed too small for the amount of filli...
I followed the recipe except i made 3 balls instead of 4. I want to try dates and other fruits in the future. I also rolled the log in nuts before cutting it. When removed from the oven I place...