Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 167 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 to 2 dozen cookies)
- Combine CRISCO(R) Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, JIF(R) Creamy Peanut Butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended and smooth. Beat in the molasses, vanilla extract and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl, mix well. Stir into the creamed mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 4-8 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray cookie sheets with CRISCO(R) Cooking Spray.
- Work with about 1/3 of dough at a time, keeping the rest refrigerated. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut out the gingerbread people using floured cookie cutters of your choice.
- Place the cookies on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until firm to the touch and slightly darker around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheets about 3 to 4 minutes. Place the cookies on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate using icing, gum drops, raisins, silver balls for buttons etc.
Per Serving: 167 calories; 7.5 g fat; 21.3 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 112 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I used the recipe for my Oktoberfest Party! They were an absolutely hit and everyone went away with one! They are soft and just perfection all around! I'm making them again to today for a blogge...