Chocolate Mocha Cake II
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 158 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 -9 inch round cake layers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- Cream the sugar and the shortening together until light. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Mix coffee and cocoa together until smooth. Add alternately with the flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Beat for 2 minutes then pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Frost when cooled.
Per Serving: 158 calories; 7.2 g fat; 22.5 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 163 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This cake is soooo moist and the flavor is so rich and tasty. I love it and will use it again. I used chocolate buttercream icing...YUMMY!!