Cherry Nut Snow Cake
"This recipe gives you a cake filled with nuts and maraschino cherries for a nice, special-occasion cake."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 343
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9 inch layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottoms of two 9 inch round pans, or one 9 x 13 inch rectangular pan, with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir shortening to soften. Sift in flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add 3/4 cup of the milk and the flavorings, and mix until all flour is dampened. Beat well, with an electric mixer if possible. Add unbeaten egg whites and remaining milk, and beat well. Stir in nuts and cherries. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely. Fill and frost with Seven Minute Frosting, and decorate with additional maraschino cherry halves.
You might also like
- Get the recipe for Seven Minute Frosting.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 343 calories; 14 50.5 5.2 2 353 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1