0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a French Canadian recipe from Quebec. It is a feather light dessert."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 fluted 2 quart ring mold)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease thoroughly a fluted 2 quart ring mold, and dust lightly with flour.
- Sift pastry flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening well. Gradually blend in 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons cognac; beat until light and fluffy. Gently blend sifted ingredients alternately with the milk and cream into the creamed mixture. Pour batter into ring mold.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Remove from pan, and allow to cool.
- In a clean, cold bowl, beat the 2 cups whipping cream until peaks form. Stir in 1/4 cup sugar and coffee powder. Frost the cake with whipped cream. When serving, drizzle cake with a few drops of cognac.
You might also like
Per Serving: 500 calories; 31.2 48.8 5.2 108 239 Full nutrition