Chocolate Roll II
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 104
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow. Fold in flour mixture. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat 4 egg whites until foamy. Gradually add white sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. beat in vanilla. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly tapped. Turn cake out onto a towel dusted with confectioners' sugar, and roll up until cool.
- To Make Frosting: In a small saucepan, stir together brown sugar and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar spins a thread when dropped from a spoon. In a large bowl, beat together remaining 2 egg whites until foamy. Slowly pour brown sugar liquid into egg whites while beating. Beat until frosting forms stiff peaks. Unroll cake and apply frosting in an even layer. Roll cake back up and refrigerate.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 104 calories; 1.3 21.9 2.1 51 88 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I love roll cakes, and I was looking for a new recipe to try. I was having my father-in-law over for dinner, and he loves chocolate, so I thought this recipe sounded perfect. I followed the dire...
This is the worst roll cake I've ever made, from the consistency to the taste. There must be something wrong with the ingredients list. So disappointing. You're left with a bland mess of crum...
Absolutely horrible, I spent several hours on these thinking I did something wrong, then I read the reviews. Was very disappointed, now I don't make anything without reading what other people ha...
I never even made it to oven. After mixing dry with egg yolks, it was dry-dry -dry, tried to add alittle water to get a paste, but then it was lumpy and could not get lumps out, still tried to a...