Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 614 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. With mixer, beat hot yams and butter until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, orange rind, vanilla, nutmeg, salt and egg; mix well. Pour into crust.
- Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Pecan Topping, (recipe below).
- Remove pie from oven; reduce oven to 350 degrees F. Spoon Pecan Topping on pie.
- Bake 25 minutes longer or until set. Cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with orange zest twist if desired. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
- Pecan Topping: Beat together egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter and maple flavoring. Stir in pecans.
Per Serving: 614 calories; 29.8 g fat; 55.1 g carbohydrates; 6.8 g protein; 83 mg cholesterol; 346 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 21
Has the potential to be a really great recipe, but I found 1 tsp of orange zest to be way TOO much. The orange zest overpowered the cinnamon/nutmeg flavor and the natural taste of the sweet pota...
I made this pie for thanksgiving and it was hit! I skipped the orange zest and used a 9oz pie crust instead of 6oz. I also doubled the sweet potato and pecans ingredients in this recipe. Woul...
This pie is unbelievably delicious and puts pumpkin pie to shame. The only alteration I would make to it when I make it again is to lessen the amount of orange zest as it takes away from the act...
Absolutely delicious! I followed this recipe to a T, except for the grated orange rind (for some reason I can't zest to save my life). I made 2 of these pies for our big Thanksgiving get toget...
Used yams for the recipe. Didn't have any orange zest, so I skipped it. The pie turned out great! Very easy to make. This one is a keeper.
This was simple & delicious. I used a homemade graham cracker crust and spiced it up with some cinnamon, nutmeg, & allspice. I also added 1 tsp. of allspice & clove to the sweet potato mixture. ...