Caramel Raisin Cheesecake
3 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe blends the good tastes of gingersnap cookies, caramel or butterscotch ice cream topping and cream cheese!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 -9 inch springform pan)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine raisins and water in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Let stand for 20 minutes then drain.
- Melt the butter or margarine. Combine cookie crumbs, 1/4 cup of the white sugar, and the melted butter or margarine. Press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of one 9 inch springform pan. Set aside 1 cup of the raisins for the topping. Sprinkle the remaining raisins evenly over the crust.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until light. Gradually beat in the remaining 2/3 cup of white sugar. Beat in the eggs and the vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture over raisins and crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 55 minutes. Turn off oven and leave oven door ajar for 1 hour. Remove cake from oven and let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. To serve, combine remaining raisins and caramel or butterscotch topping. Spread over the top of the cake. Makes 12 servings.
You might also like
Per Serving: 477 calories; 28 53.1 7.4 122 313 Full nutrition