Portobello, Wild Rice, and Gizzards
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 270
- Place rice and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
- Place gizzards in a pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes. Drain, and dice.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, and cook the onion, mushroom, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes until tender. Mix in the cooked gizzards, and cook until lightly browned. Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish, and stir in the rice. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.
Per Serving: 270 calories; 8.6 25.2 24.3 172 330 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I added some chopped celery and carrots ... awesome recipe THANKS
There's no seasoning - salt, pepper!!! Could be really good with the right herbs and spices...
I found it very dry when the rice was mixed with the sautéed meat and vegetables so I added a can of cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Not a lot of flavor, but filling on a cold winter nigh...
Way too much prep time. No taste whatsoever. There's alot of base missing here. I reached for the Chicken Sauce right away but that did not help. help. This would have done a lot better with a h...