Chicken Soup With Pasta and White Beans
USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Ingredientsservings 213 cals
- Prepare Fast Chicken Soup Base. Bring to a simmer.
- Add these, then simmer until tender, 10-20 minutes: 2 16-ounce cans white beans, drained; 1 cup small pasta, such as ditalini; 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes; 2 tsps. minced fresh rosemary.
- Before removing from heat, stir in: 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Final touch: Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve soup with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Get the recipe for Fast Chicken Soup Base.
- Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 213 calories; 2.1 g fat; 37 g carbohydrates; 12.5 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 303 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
if you want added spicyness, use a can of diced tomatoes with green chillies. the white beans & broth compliment this nicely i used italian spices, and a pince of turmeric & garam masala insttea...
Very good, I use the small soup pastas all the time anyway, my family prefers them over noodles. The whit ebeans giv eit more protein too!
This was surprisingly delicious and very authentic tasting. I just changed a couple of things. I started with chicken broth in a box, used 'Italian' tomatoes with garlic, basil and onions and ...
This is a great recipe. I did not use the Fast Chicken Stock recipe -- used Better Than Boullion brand chicken base, cooked two skinless chicken breasts in the pressure cooker with the tomatoes...