USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
- Microwave cream and chocolate in a 1-quart glass measuring cup on high power until very hot, about 2 minutes. Whisk until chocolate melts into a smooth sauce.
- Line an 8-inch square metal pan with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang. Arrange 1/3 of the graham crackers over bottom, cutting the final few with a knife to fit. Drizzle 1/3 of the sauce over the crackers; spread evenly. Freeze until chocolate is just set, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over the chocolate. Top with another cracker layer as before. Drizzle another 1/3 of the sauce over the crackers; spread evenly. Freeze until just set, 5 to 10 minutes. Spread chocolate ice cream over the crackers. Arrange a final layer of crackers over the ice cream. Spread remaining sauce over crackers.
- Freeze until set, about 2 hours, or double-wrap in plastic and freeze up to 5 days.
- To serve, lift dessert from pan; discard plastic wrap. Halve the dessert; cut each half into 6 slices. Return to freezer briefly. Toast marshmallows over a flame and serve alongside s'mores.
- Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 16.7 38.2 4.1 38 145 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe was really, really good! The downside was that you had to toast marshmallows to serve alongside the dessert. This was not convenient so we just melted some marshmallows with a bit ...