Mixed Grill of Sausage, Chicken and Lamb With Tandoori Flavorings
USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
- Place sausage and 1/2 cup water in a large (12-inch) skillet. Cover and bring to a simmer. Steam until sausage loses its raw color throughout, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oil, cumin, curry powder, garlic powder, ginger, salt and cayenne. Scrape half the spice mixture into another medium bowl. Add lamb chops to one bowl; toss to coat well. Stir yogurt and vinegar into other bowl; add chicken legs and toss to coat well. Set both aside to marinate.
- About 30 minutes before serving, fully preheat gas grill (10 to 15 minutes with all burners on high). Use a wire brush to clean grill rack, then use tongs to wipe an oil-soaked rag over rack. Close lid and return grill to temperature. Make sure to have water close by to extinguish any flare-ups.
- Staggering meat additions so they all get done about the same time, place chicken on grill; close lid and grill-roast for a total of 20 minutes - 8 minutes on the first side, 8 minutes on the second side and 4 minutes longer, turning as needed toward the end to ensure doneness. Add lamb; grill-roast for a total of 8 minutes - 4 minutes on the first side and 4 minutes on the second side. Add sausage and grill-roast for a total of 4 minutes - 2 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes on the second side.
- Arrange on a large platter and serve warm with couscous.
- Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 743 calories; 52.5 4.7 59.8 214 1093 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I realize I made this marinade last summer and never rated it...better late than never. I recall using 1 clove crushed garlic instead of the powder, and used a few 'grinds' of fresh ginger inst...
I only did the lamb from this as i needed a quick idea for my BBQ! My partner wasnt over the moon about it! He felt the spice over powered everything. I think it just needs a bit of a tweak for...
Not what I expected....needs modification. I just made the chicken so maybe that's what was wrong. Smells really good but the flavor is not there. I would try this again...but with fresh masala ...