Chicken Tortellini Soup With Zucchini and Tomatoes
USA WEEKEND columnist Pam Anderson
Ingredientsservings 117 cals
- Prepare Fast Chicken Soup Base. Bring to a simmer.
- Add these, then simmer until tender, 10-20 minutes: 1 9-ounce package refrigerated small cheese tortellini; 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes; 2 medium zucchini, diced; 1 tsp. dried basil.
- Before removing from heat, stir in: 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Final touch: Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Get the recipe for Fast Chicken Soup Base.
- Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 3 g fat; 18.6 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 14 mg cholesterol; 342 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 58
Excellent soup, used chicken broth from a can and added a little more zucchini (had extra in the fridge). Didn't have the fresh parsely so omitted that step. Everyone loved it and even ate all t...
Excellent soup recipe. I used chicken bouillon & added 2 boneless chicken breasts cubed.
Nice hearty, healthy soup. I had the time, so I cooked the Soup Base for 4 hours. I also threw in some extra carrots and celery. Husband liked it, too. Will use this one again.
Excellent...made this following recipe exactly and was not disappointed! Very tasty.
Fantastic! This is a great change from the normal broth based tortellini soup I usually make. The tomatoes are a nice touch.
If I could give it 10 stars, I would. This soup is so versatile...you can interchange the veggies / leave this or that out / use the Fast Chick Base or just 3 cans low sod broth. I've even add...
Best soup recipie I've ever made. Followed directions exactly as they were written, made serving for 16. Everyone loved it and can't wait until I make it again. Fantastic!!
Nice little recipe for a cold night. Added a little bit extra in the way of seasonings, red wine, two cans of tomatoes instead of one and dried oregano.