Mocha Magic Torte
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 692 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans, and line them with wax paper or parchment.
- Sift flour with baking soda. Dissolve 1/3 cup instant coffee in the water.
- In a large bowl, beat white sugar, 3 eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Blend in mayonnaise and the melted chocolate. Add flour mixture alternately with the coffee to the batter, one-third at a time; mix with electric mixer on low speed after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool cake in pans for 10 minutes. Remove, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Melt 4 squares chocolate with milk and 2 tablespoons instant coffee in a double boiler; blend until smooth. Pour hot chocolate mixture into the beaten egg, whisking constantly. Allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture to butter mixture, and blend frosting well.
- When layers have cooled, cut each horizontally to make 4 layers. Fill and frost the cake with the frosting.
Per Serving: 692 calories; 40.6 g fat; 82.3 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 404 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I went through so many of these chocolate cake recipes, and this one was soooo good! Everybody wanted to know what it was that made it so moist and delicious, and I told them it was the mayo! Th...
My cake fell apart so I made a trifle out of it. The coffee flavor was indiscernible so I layered it with cherries and chocolate pudding to make a black forest sort of dessert.