Ingredientsservings 661 cals
- Stir together, in a small bowl, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1/2 tablespoon CRISCO(R), in an 8-inch skillet, preferably non-stick, over moderately high heat, until the foam subsides. Pour in 1/6 the egg mixture evenly over bottom of skillet. Cook for 1 minute, or until it is set.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the omelet with 1/6 of the bacon, 1/6 of the avocado and 1/6 of the Monterey Jack cheese; cook the omelet for 1 minute, or until it is set.
- Fold omelet over the filling, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Repeat in the same manner with the remaining CRISCO(R), egg mixture, bacon, avocado and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Serve omelets with the salsa.
Per Serving: 661 calories; 52.3 g fat; 11.9 g carbohydrates; 37.4 g protein; 444 mg cholesterol; 1285 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Great omelet with a nice Southwestern twist! I love bacon and avocado paired together so I had to give this a try. I cut this down a bit as this makes way too much for two people. I also used bu...
Sorry Crisco, but I just couldn't cook my eggs in Crisco, I used butter - but your recipe is good! The way the recipe is written is unclear and should be corrected - the lime juice, of course, i...
Delicious! I made it without bacon because I don't eat it and without cilantro because I didn't have any but it was SO GOOD!
Totally delicious!! That salsa is delicious! The lime juice listed in the omelet ingredients should be posted in the salsa ingredients for a heads up. YUM!
I recently discovered how well eggs and avocado go together. I thought, why not an omelet? Was glad to find one on AR. I pretty much followed the recipe, except used butter to cook it in, also l...
This was a beautiful breakfast omelette! I didn't have any jalapeno peppers, so I added a teaspoon of hot banana pepper relish. It worked really well, definitely going to be a new 'go-to' recipe