Very Moist Gumdrop Cake
"This unique cake recipe features golden raisins, gumdrops, candied cherries, and walnuts and makes a moist cake, just like the title says."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 30 servings (1 tube cake)
- Place raisins in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain all water from raisins.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup flour into gumdrops, cherries, nuts, and drained raisins.
- In a large bowl, beat butter or margarine, sugar, and eggs. Mix in applesauce. Stir remaining flour, salt, and cinnamon into creamed mixture. Dissolve soda dissolved in hot water. Mix into batter well. Stir in floured fruit.
- Line an angel food pan with parchment paper, and grease with butter or margarine. Pour batter to within one inch of the top of pan.
- Bake 3 hours at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). When nearly done, cover top of cake with a piece of tinfoil to prevent top of cake from overcooking.
You might also like
Per Serving: 641 calories; 13.2 130.7 6.1 62 477 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was actully a very tasty cake, though the name led me to believe that I might not like it since I don't like gumdrops and the ingredients sounded like they would taste strange together. How...