Ingredients2 h 22 m servings 83 cals
- Mix together shortening, margarine, SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, egg and molasses in a large mixing bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to shortening mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Chill dough in refrigerator until firm (approximately 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Form dough into 30 balls, approximately 1 level tablespoons each. Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and pat down gently with fork making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake cookies in the center of the preheated 350 degrees F oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cookies will look chewy when they come out but will become crisp. Cool cookies on wire cooling rack.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Per Serving: 83 calories; 4.9 g fat; 8.6 g carbohydrates; 1.1 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 28 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This is an ok cookie. I agree, it does have a slight flour taste, but it's not bad, and the blend of spices is nice. My dad is a diabetic, so I like to try new recipes with Splenda for him. T...
A good recipe , better than any store bought creation. I find the ginger to be a little over powering compared to the other spices, next time I will only add 1/2 tsp.,or change it to 1/2 tsp. nu...
I made these cookies for my husband and we both really liked them. I added a teaspoon of baking baking powder to the recipe because my husband pefers soft cookies to crisp ones.
i work in a nursing home and i make these for the residents and they all love them and i love them to.