Italian Lemon Cornmeal Cookies
Maker of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products
"These delicate lemon cookies have an excellent flavor, and the cornmeal gives them an interesting texture. They are great for adding variety to a cookie tray."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 58 cals
Original recipe yields 27 servings (4 1/2 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Blend together butter, SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, and vanilla in a medium sized mixing bowl until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, lemon juice and zest. Mix briefly. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix using a hand mixer on low speed (or by hand) until dough is formed. Do not over mix.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide in half. Roll each half into a log approx. 1 inch thick in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 1-2 hours, allowing dough to chill and become firm.
- Remove dough from freezer, unwrap and cut into slices approximately 1/4 inch thick. Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degrees F oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
Per Serving: 58 calories; 3 g fat; 6.9 g carbohydrates; 1.1 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 51 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Yummy! My husband is diabetic and absolutely loved this recipe. The cornmeal gives a nice texture and flavor. Will definitely make these again.