Easter Party Cake
"This cake is a great holiday treat. Hope that you will enjoy it."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 466
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 8 inch layer cake)
- Cream butter or margarine and shortening. Add 1 cup sugar gradually, beating until mixture resembles whipped cream.
- Sift flour and baking powder together 3 times; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and almond extract. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites carefully. Pour batter into two greased 8 inch round pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Cool layers on wire racks.
- To Make Boiled Icing: Place 1 cup sugar, water, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, cream of tartar, 2 egg whites, and red food colouring in top of double boiler. Cook, beating constantly, until frosting is thick and creamy.
- Frost cake with icing. Make a nest of green coconut on top of cake, and fill nest with candy eggs. Sprinkle a border of coconut around base of cake. Makes 15-20 servings.
- To make green tinted coconut, Place coconut in a large plastic bag, put a few drops of green food color in the bag and shake until desired consistency is achieved.
You might also like
Per Serving: 466 calories; 19.4 68.7 6.1 16 209 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1